At Chattii we’re here to change dating culture by providing a place where you can reliably find your next relationship among people who are on the same page and who treat each other with kindness and respect. Here are the principles behind our mission:
- We seek to bring authenticity, vulnerability and kindness - not superficiality and objectification - to dating through everything we do, including the elimination of swiping and the deepening of member profiles.
- We want to be really good at one thing, and that’s dating. We have no ambitions to create a general social networking service for hookups, friendships or business.
- We seek to form meaningful connections that lead to great dates offline. As a company we believe that exclusive focus on our member’s success is the path to our own success.
- We’re looking to connect people who are ready and available to be in a relationship. We respect that long-term relationships are not everyone’s life choice, but we can’t be all things to all people and we’ve found conflicting intentions hurt everyone’s experience.
Given our mission, these are our requirements for membership:
- You’re looking for a relationship. You’re looking for meaningful, enriching connections among equal partners that lead to long-term relationships. You don’t have to be looking for marriage, but you’re not looking for flings, hookups and one-night stands either.
- You’re kind to others. Not everyone will be your type, share your background or agree with your views. However, you believe each person you interact with on Hinge deserves your kindness and respect.
- You’re authentic. You don’t mind putting a little effort into your dating life because you’re invested in finding someone great. You’re not afraid to put yourself out there by authentically representing who you are - quirks and all.
If you come across someone on Hinge who isn’t meeting these requirements - on the app or in real life - we encourage you to report them. It not only helps you, but it helps the rest of the community. Depending upon the severity and the frequency of the reporting, that member will be warned or banned.
We have a zero-tolerance policy for any content or behavior that is lewd, disrespectful, discriminatory, threatening or harassing. Our member support team reserves the right to exercise their judgment in all cases.
How to report a user:
When viewing a member's profile, simply select the three dots at the top right and tap Report.
Next, tap on a reason why you are reporting this person.
Reporting is an anonymous and permanent action. You will not see their profile again, nor will they see yours.
When you report a profile from Matches, you will immediately disappear from that member's view and they will not be able to view or retrieve the conversation or match.